Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Our 4th of July celebration

My family and I had such a lovely Fourth of July! We went to my father's house on the lake, had a BBQ and spent the day eating, laughing and talking. The kids did some fishing off the dock and then lit off some light fireworks and then when it got dark, we sat back and watched the show. Some of the people who live on the lake do a CRAZY fireworks show. Better than the ones I see put on by the cities. It's amazing how much people will spend on explosives! There were times when I didn't know where to look, there were so many displays. Then, tired and worn out, we drove home. So nice!!

 Watching the boats

 My daughter and great nephew posing for the camera

 She's a ham, what can I say

 Reflecting......

 My nephew and son being great role-models, having a roman candle fight

 Finally dark enough for sparklers!!

 Some of the fireworks show. I wish I was a better photographer. They were amazing!


13 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had an amazing time! I was on a dock for the 4th watching the fireworks over water as well, it's just mesmerizing isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a lot of fun. What a great place to view the fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it kind of fun to think about the amazing memories your kids will have about the 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are such a lovely photos and everything sounds so great!!! You kids are adorable:)
    Kisses,sweetie and Happy Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cutie pie! Love the "reflecting" photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pics! Looked like a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can never get good pictures of fireworks - they don't do them justice! Glad you had a good time, sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's so cute! it looks like you had an amazing 4th! i would love to get a house by the lake too. :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. that would have been so much fun to be right on the lake. i woulda jumped in! but then again it was in the 90s i think

    ReplyDelete
  10. Was this the Lake Union show? I watched the last 30 seconds on tv and settled for our neighborhood show. I think the lake is the place to be on the 4th. What a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that looks like an amazing time! Glad you enjoyed the 4th sweetie. I have a bunch of those fireworks photos too. I just kept clicking away. Couldn't help myself :)

    ReplyDelete