1 1/2 cups water
2 chamomile teabags
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup honey
squeeze of lemon juice
1/4 cup dry oatmeal (not the instant kind)
unscented paper towels
1. Boil 1 cup of the water and pour it into a wide bowl. Add the teabags and allow to steep for 10 minutes.
2. Pour the yogurt, honey, and lemon juice into another bowl, mixing thoroughly. Set aside.
3. In a third bowl, mix the oatmeal with 1/2 cup cool or lukewarm water.
4. Wash your face with a gentle cleanser and pat dry. Then use your fingers to gently massage the oatmeal mixture over your face, using a circular motion.
5. Leave the mixture on your skin for 5 minutes, then rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
1. Smooth on an even layer of the honey-yogurt mask.
2. Dip 5 to 8 paper towels, one by one, into the tea. Wring gently, and place each one over a different area of your face to create the mummy effect. Leave your mouth and nostrils free so you can still breath easily. (Hint: It helps if you're lying down, so the tissues stay in place.)
3. Relax for 15 minutes, then rinse your face again using cool water to seal in the moisture and close your bores against bacteria.
* LEMON FRESH - A natural exfoliant and antioxidant, citric acid is used in many cosmetics to brighten the skin and discourage bacteria. For a quick boost that helps control oil, apply a teaspoon of lemon juice to clean skin. Leave on for 5 minutes, then rinse well with warm water.
* CARROT CURE - If your skin has broken out, skip the oatmeal scrub and try this healing alternative: Finely grate one medium carrot in the blender, and smooth it over your skin. Rinse and follow with the honey-yogurt mask. Carrots are rich in vitamin A, a powerful antiseptic that fights acne. Take that!