One 7-ounce can Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
4 small plum tomatoes, blanched, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
2 garlic cloves, pressed
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
2 cups finely shredded iceberg lettuce
Four 4 - ounce salmon fillets
Lime slices to garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil.
2. In food processor or blender, puree chipotle peppers with sauce until smooth. Transfer 2 teaspoons pureed mixture to medium bowl; refrigerate remaining mixture, covered, for use at another time.
3. Stir tomatoes, cilantro, garlic and lime juice into pureed peppers; set aside.
4. Onto each of four 12 x 12" pieces of foil, place 1/2 cup of lettuce; top each with 1 salmon fillet, then one-fourth of the tomato mixture.
5. Bring 2 opposite sides of foil together; fold over to seal. Fold remaining 2 sides to seal. Place packets seam side up on prepared baking sheet; bake 20 minutes (salmon should flake easily when tested with fork).
6. Open packets carefully, allowing steam to escape; garnish with lime slices if desired.