I am probably not the person to give advice on how to not get a ticket considering the fact that I have gotten 7 tickets since I got my license only a year and a half ago, but I do have advice! SO LISTEN(:! A officer came into my government class and after the class I asked him questions on how to be able to get a warning instead of that awful green slip with at least a hundred dollar charge. Here is what he said:
- Pull over quickly and keep hands in view
- Provide information without attitude
- You do not have to say you were in the wrong but do not be really argumentative
- Police officers are trying to change your behavior when it comes to driving if you seem as though you want to change then you’re more likely to receive a warning
- Small talk with the officer is good; ask him how his day was. Police officers have bad days too.